Guidelines for booth set up and display.
Diwali Mela is cancelled due to inclement weather !!
(updated Oct. 21, 2015)
We have heavy rains in the forecast for the next weekend in Plano - 100% rains for Friday (Oct.23) and Saturday (Oct 24).
equipment rental company asked us to re-consider the event plans as the
weather may adversely affect the setup and the Mela. We will not be
able to do cultural performances outside with out the stage and people
will not attend the event.
So the Temple Management has decided to cancel all the outdoor cultural events, booths, and fireworks.
We appreciate all your support and apologize for any inconveniences, this may have caused to you.
Booth rental rates are $500 for 10x10 booth and $1000 for 20x10 booth. See booth rental form here.
10ftx10ft booth - $500 | 20ftx10ft booth - $1000
Premium 10ftx10ft - $750 | Premium 20ftx10ft - $1500 (Premium booths will be facing the entry way near the temple)
• Do not use more than 1500 watts of electric load. Bring your own 50’ Heavy-duty extension cord and strip with surge protector fuse. You can bring your own generator, if you need more than 1500 watts. Test your equipment before 2pm to ensure that it works properly and safely with in the allowed power limits.
• There will be adequate lighting for all the booths. You will have to make your own arrangements for extra lights, if needed.
• No sharing or sub-leasing of booth space is allowed. There will be no cancellation or refunds if the booth holder fails to participate in the mela.
• Booth holders are allowed to distribute flyers or promotional materials only inside or at the assigned booth.
• Vendors will have access to the booths at 12:00 Noon on Saturday Oct. 24, 2015 to setup their booths. No vehicles will be permitted inside the booths area to download any items after 1:30pm on the same day. All booths will be closed at 11:00 pm.
• Distributions of any materials in the HTNT premises or in parking lots by any unauthorized persons or vendors are strictly prohibited and are subject to fines and removal from the premises.
• If the event is cancelled due to natural acts of GOD or for any other reason beyond reasonable limits, no booth fees will be refunded and you will forfeit your deposits. HTNT will be held harmless and not liable for any losses that you may incur from these.
• All decisions of the organizers are final and not subject to appeals or changes. HTNT reserves the right to accept or refuse allocation of booth to anyone, for any reasons as stated here.
• Non-Profit Organizations should enclose proof of 501(c)(3)status to get the discounted cost.
• All food vendors are required to adhere to City of Plano Guidelines.
• All food vendors should serve vegetarian food items only and clearly mark foods which may cause any food allergies (like nuts, gluten etc).
• Any questions on food booth permits should be addressed to the Environmental Health Department of the City of Plano.
Get the current rules and regulations that may apply to your organization/business and
also refer to https://www.plano.gov/DocumentCenter/View/15
• All vendors that serve food items should supply us with a copy of their city approval permits by 6pm on Oct.20, 2015 or booths will not be allotted till the paper work is received.
• All vendors that serve food items should supply us with a copy of their city approval permits before the event or booths will not be allotted till the paper work is received.
- Food vendors should not serve food products that include non-vegetarian items (meat, eggs) and/or alcohol. Only vegetarian food items are allowed on temple premises.
• HTNT will provide adequate trash cans in designated areas and do timely removal of the trash.
• You should clearly display the City of Plano Permits at the booth.
• Food vendors should bring mop, broom, and all cleaning supplies to keep the inside and the surrounding area of your food booth clean and dry at all the times, following the City of Plano rules.